Cytokines are small proteins secreted by cells to regulate the body’s immune system. Cytokines act as molecular messengers capable of activating and attracting immune cells such as lymphocytes, neutrophils, and macrophages. Cytokines are key to understanding and manipulating the body’s immune response. Many cytokines such as IL-4, IL-6, and TNF-α are validated targets for treating inflammatory and autoimmune diseases.
Namilumab is an investigational, novel fully human monoclonal antibody conveniently administered once a month as a subcutaneous injection. Namilumab is a potent GM-CSF inhibitor that has been demonstrated well-tolerated in more than 300 patients so far across multiple clinical trials6. With Namilumab, our goal is to investigate the ability of namilumab to safely suppress the inflammation associated with sarcoidosis and significantly improve patients’ quality of life.
Kinevant is planning to initiate a Phase 2 Clinical Trial in the first half of 2022 investigating Namilumab in patients with chronic pulmonary sarcoidosis.
Expanded Access Policy
- Ishioka S, et al. Sarcoidosis, Vasculitis, and Diffuse Lung Diseases 1996.
- Itoh A, et al. Respirology 1998.
- Itoh A, Yamaguchi E, Furuya K, et al. Thorax 1993; Crouser ED, et al. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2009; Itoh A, et al. Respirology 2008
- Xing Z, et al. J. Clin. Invest 1996.
- Szeliga J, Daniel DS, Yang CH, et al. Tuberculosis 2008; Beecher et al. Immunity 2016.
- Taylor P, et al. Arthritis Res Therapy 2019; Tanaka S et al. International J Pharmacol Therapy 2018; Papp KA et al. J Dermatol 2019; Huizinga TW et al. Arthritis Res Ther. 2017; Unpublished Ph 2 results ankylosing spondylitis